Becoming An ESP Power User
ESP is built upon a framework called Workfront. As of 2018, Workfront is used by 4,000 companies globally. Workfront’s strengths are around Project Management, Reporting and collaborating between staff.
Workfront has developed a number of training courses to help Workfront users and Workfront administrators learn about the system. These courses are available for free to any person with a valid Workfront login/password. All courses are delivered as webinars. You can select to register for either a live, instructor led webinar, or simply watch a pre-recorded webinar.
Registering For a Course
Workfront has rebranded their training website as “Workfront Ascent”. To register for any of the courses, go to:
You will be prompted to login with a valid Workfront username/password (this is the same thing as your ESP username/password). The “Domain” is the first word of your company’s ESP website name. For example, “companyxyz.my.workfront.com” the domain would by “companyxyz”.
Administrator Training Program
After logging in, on the top menu, click “LEARNING LIBRARY”. Change the “Sort By” dropdown so the courses are listed in “Title A-Z” order.
Workfront has combined several courses into one “administrator training program”. Of these courses, some are more relevant than others for ESP Administrators.
– Getting Started (7 min)
– Getting Started as Admin (7 min)
– Project Manager Fundamentals (56 min)
– Workfront Mobile App (13 min)
– Project Timelines (22 min)
– Approval Processes (15 min)
– Project Templates (19 min)
– Managing Issues (10 min)
– Custom Forms (19 min)
– Queue Management (30 min)
– Report Creation (84 min)
– System Admin Fundamentals (34 min)
– Setting up Issues (10 min)
– Driving User Adoption (37 min)
Feel Free To Skip
– Understanding Licenses and Access Levels
– Adding Users to Workfront
– Notifications and Subscriptions
– Improve user experience with Dashboards and Layout Templates
Getting Feedback from ESP
As you take each course, make notes about topics that you feel need further clarification. When the course is completed, we will spend time one-on-one with you to discuss these topics, and give examples that relate directly to the Oil & Gas industry, or to your company’s use of ESP.